Welcome Host Gold - customer service training course
The Welcome Host Gold one-day training course gives participants today's core customer service skills - reflecting the latest techniques and best practice. It is a highly flexible course, and can be tailored to include content and knowledge specific to destinations and businesses.
Welcome Host Gold participants will:
- develop proactive communications skills
- recognise different customer expectations and how to meet them
- better understand their frontline sales and service role
- be confident in effectively tackling difficult situations
- learn why teamwork is vital in a customer-facing environment
For booking enquiries please contact your local Welcome to Excellence manager
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE:
Full course details
Welcome Host Gold is a highly practical customer service training course, using varied active training styles to give participants the skills and knowledge they can immediately use in the workplace. Interactive learning, group exercises, personal action planning and a host of great tips all equip participants to make a real difference to customers' experiences.
Welcome Host Gold covers:
- Welcoming customers
- what makes great customer service and who does it well?
- the challenges of delivering outstanding service in your organisation
- What do you have to offer?
- Your offer to customers
- Product and destination knowledge
- Understanding your customers
- Your customers and what their expectations are
- The customer journey
- Meeting, managing and exceeding expectations
- Customer loyalty and lifetime value
- Identifying and beating competitors
- Delivering service excellence
- Creating an impression
- Moments of truth
- Customers' emotional needs
- The internal customer web
- Building outstanding teamwork
- Aligning with policies, procedures and standards
- Being accessible to all
- Connecting with customers
- Understanding communications
- Choosing your words and speaking with impact
- Building confidence and trust
- Improving body language
- Advanced listening skills
- Great service on the phone
- Effective writing
- Boosting business
- Customer service that sells
- Encouraging repeat business
- Understanding the sales process
- Upselling and cross-selling
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Dissatisfied customers
- Handling a complaint
- Using feedback to best effect
- Improving your customer service
- Planning to improve service standards
Open course price: £90.00
In-house course price: £995.00
"I attended the course with no pre-conceived ideas, so I was very much an open book. The course content covered a wide range of topics from understanding your customers to communicating successfully, highlighting areas of good and bad practice. I have used this training in my role as an NVQ Development Officer/NVQ Asessor to develop my knowledge and understanding of the importance of providing excellent service. "
Sharon Gerrard, NVQ Development Officer
Lincolnshire County Council
"Some pointers to what is accepted as good practice in customer service. Enjoyable day as lots of participation and not just being talked at. Interaction with other partners in tourism, i.e retail, visitor centres. Feel it will act as a reminder and see tourism as a whole service rather than TIC based. Ties in with NVQ in customer care. "
June Borley, Tourism Assistant
Queenswood Tourist Information Centre
"Once again... an email to express my gratitude for the amazing service from a member of your team. Sarah the trainer was fantastic, the girls enjoyed their day and all said Sarah really kept the day interesting and when I spoke to them afterwards it appeared as if it had given them some food for thought. So a massive thank you to your fantastic team....again!"
Rebecca Collins, Director
Cooling Castle Barn
"When I attended Welcome Host, I was expecting another "Customer Care" course with the usual "role play" "statistics" etc. etc. I was pleasantly surprised at how different it was. The course was tailored and specific to the industry I work in, it gave lots of good examples and was interactive all the way through (no death by power point). I found it to be enlightening but more importantly the delivery took account of different learning styles, something which as a trainer myself I recognise the importance of. I found the course enjoyable, the content interesting and the outcome a City & Guilds level 2 qualification, what more could you ask. "
Val Handley-Greaves, NVQ Team Leader/Trainer
First Hampshire & Dorset
"I was not sure what the course was going to give me as I thought my customer service was excellent. I very much enjoyed the day, the small numbers of delegates made for a very friendly atmosphere.The trainer was excellent. I think that the additional knowledge I came away from the course with will enable me to make improvements to my Customer Service."
Dennis Downey, Owner
Thu 19 Jan 2017
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, SO32 2UA
Abby Herzberg c/o Tourism South East, Tel 02380 625438, Email email@example.com
Tue 28 Feb 2017
Erasmus Darwin House, Lichfield, Staffordshire
Jane Curtis c/o Tourism South East, Tel 02380 625440, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call 023 8062 5439 or click here to email
"The Welcome Host Gold course tells the story of the value of great guest service, and we have found that there is no better aspect of training to focus on in order to see an overall positive impact for the business."
Jane Kelly, Marketing Manager
"Welcome Host Gold is a fantastic course that gives individuals the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and understanding of customer service principles."
Donna Wilson, Travel and Tourism Coordinator
West Lancashire College