Customer service trainer specifications
Those wishing to be considered as trainers need to contact their local Welcome to Excellence manager or the National Contracts Manager at Tourism South East - Christine Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org / 023 8062 5533)
A detailed personal profile must be submitted - this will be checked against the criteria given below by the regional Master trainer:
- The profile needs to outline past training course delivery experience and in particular highlight current training expertise;
- Two references must be put forward - these should be from current customers/clients. The regional Master trainer may contact them to ask for references;
- The regional Master trainer may ask to attend a course that you are delivering;
- Trainers will be asked to attend for interview with the regional tourism lead;
- Where applicable, trainers may be requested to attend a Welcome to Excellence course at their own expense. Course participation fees will be covered by the regional tourism lead/national contract holder as relevant (Tourism South East).
Welcome Host/Welcome Host Plus/Welcome Host Gold/Delivering Service Excellence/Delivering Service Excellence in Health and Social Care
- At least 3 years experience of delivering training and development programmes, and in particular customer care provision, within the service sector including hospitality, leisure, tourism, travel, retail, healthcare, security or other related sectors;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of tourism and service sector businesses;
- Professional approach to training delivery;
- Demonstrate CPD through attendance on courses, work shadowing, membership of relevant association(s)/institutes - eg. CIPD, Tourist Boards;
- Demonstrate recent delivery of customer service training within the related sectors at Level 2/3;
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Demonstrate the ability to engage learners at all levels/deliver training through a variety of methods including one-to-one, group discussions, role play, participation, use of audio visuals and innovative 'games' and activities;
- Ability and experience of delivering training to mixed ability/diverse ethnic groups;
- Attainment of relevant teaching/training qualifications;
- Adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic and reliable;
- Ability to use a range of audio visual training equipment including PowerPoint/lap tops.
- Membership of CIPD;
- Knowledge and experience of the Welcome to Excellence suite.
In addition to the above the following are required in relation to other Welcome to Excellence programmes:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the Equalities Act/disability and special needs issues and in particular related to service sector businesses;
- Ability to deliver Equalities Act/special needs training programme content across all levels of business (owner proprietors/managers/senior managers).
- Recent working links with relevant charitable organisations
- A-level or equivalent in at least one language other than English (or native speaker);
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of working with a range of overseas visitors/ethnically diverse groups;
- Demonstrate recent experience of delivering training/dealing with ethnically diverse groups/courses involving using foreign language skills.
- Experience of non-European cultures;
- Experience of delivering customer service training courses relating to telephone sales/converting business over the telephone and via e-mail.
Welcome Management/Lead, Motivate and Succeed
- A minimum of two years experience in delivering management and supervisory level training courses;
- Client base demonstrating current delivery of courses and programmes to businesses/companies and pitched at Level 3/4.
- Qualifications that demonstrate an understanding of management, business and HR techniques.
Welcome E-Business/Smarter Marketing
- A minimum of two years experience in delivering marketing/e-business type programmes, workshops and courses on a one-to-one and group basis;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Relevant qualifications in IT/marketing/principles of business operation and e-marketing.
Win More Conferences & Events
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the conference market with experience of delivering sales training and developing sales and marketing plans.
- A minimum of two years experience delivering courses, workshops and programmes relating to green, sustainable, environmental issues and in particular business benefits/marketing principles;
- Demonstrate background knowledge and experience of green and environmental issues;
- Demonstrate experience of working with/advising businesses and companies within a green and sustainable capacity/a sound understanding of business requirements.